About the program
What comes after mastering the fundamentals? What is next on the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey?
The Gracie Barra BJJ Program Structure defines three main stages of development for students: the Fundamentals Program, the Advanced Program, and the Black Belt Program. These stages indicate different maturity levels and students upgrade from one to the other in their natural pace.
While the Fundamentals Program focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the Advanced Program is built on high-level BJJ techniques and drills that start shaping the students game flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another.
After a few months in the GB Advanced Program, students typically experience a deeper involvement in our philosophy, a stronger bond with training partners as well as more discipline and commitment to healthy habits that keep them in good shape.
Advanced Program classes are based on a defined class structure and curriculum that take a broad and open-minded approach to your training, incorporating techniques from different grappling styles like wrestling, judo, sambo, and, of course, Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”
Benefits of Joining our Advanced Program:
- Learn the most effective takedown techniques adapted to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Develop transitions between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experience further improvements in overall fitness level
- Gain a better understanding of different aspects of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Start shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favorite techniques
- Step up to participate in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitions