“Men’s natures are alike; it is their habits that separate them.” – Confucius
You might doubt it, but it has been proven that ONE GOOD HABIT has the power to completely change your life. And practising Jiu-Jitsu is definitely one of them. “Yeah, BJJ keeps us active, in shape, healthier and all that, but how exactly is it life changing?” I’m glad you asked:
- It makes you feel better about yourself and more confident. That leads to better success with other positive changes.
- It reinforces the positive thinking habit — you need to think positive to sustain it.
- It relieves stress and gives you time to think — this leads to better mental well-being in your life overall.
- It helps with creativity. Don’t ask me to prove it, except to say that great ideas and brainstorming sessions come from after a BJJ session.
Now, I’m sure you want to know how to accommodate BJJ into your routine once for all! Here are the basics:
- Do a 30-day challenge.
- Write it out on paper, along with your motivations, obstacles, and strategies for overcoming them.
- Commit fully, in a public way.
- Log your progress.
- Remain publicly accountable — report on your progress each day.
- Have support for when you falter — either in real life or online.
- Reward your success (a new stripe, or belt, for example).
- If you fail, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.
Hope you enjoy the tips! See you all on the mat! Oss.